3.31.2018

May forever ba? (A random insight) LOL

I am posting about this not because I have a love life (lol) or what but simply because I'm bombarded with this topic probably everyday of my life. Why do we always ask this question to ourselves, our friends, or even with strangers "Naniniwala ka ba sa forever?" or even exclaim "Walang forever!" as if we know for sure it's true. Haha! Natatawa ako actually because I didn't want to blog about this until something triggered me to do so. So story time, my brother had a relationship I think for more than 7 years with a girl and my mom being a mom asked him "Bakit kayo pa ba? Hindi na diba?" Lol. On my mind, I'm thinking 'WTH Ma. Mind your own lovelife with Papa' pero wala I just listened on their conversation. And my younger brother said they broke up since January. And to my surprise, my mom said "O mabuti yan maghiwalay kayo, may boyfriend na siya diba nagpopost pa sa facebook? Hindi talaga siguro kayo ang tinadhana. Makakahanap karin siguro architect din." I laughed and died a little on the inside. What the f, ma? So all of these years she didn't think of the girl to be my brother's destiny/soulmate/forever or whatever you call it? 😁😁😁

It's funny because scenarios like these often happen to you, to us, to everyone. We think that "someone" we found is the "one" and enjoy ourselves not knowing what will happen next. Sometimes relying our destinies to the stars or through the rocks which goes with the expression "Itaga mo sa bato, walang forever!" something like that. The thing is, I myself don't know if I have my so-called "forever" I just trust that "If it's meant to be, it will be." Yep, that was a song. Hahahaha! I dunno, I'm not that kind of person who dwell too much on the future and think about that "someone" who may or may not exist at all. We only live once they say, if you have someone right now, just enjoy each others company because at one point he or she is your forever.

Forever is just a concept made by humans who love, and believe in love. It's like an existential question in a way, diba? What I'm trying to point out is that we must not waste our energy, our faith, our life even for concepts like "May forever ba?" when we ourselves may cease to exists anytime soon as to that so-called "forever" because the answer to it does not simply answer a Yes or No. It's more than that. It's more than the question itself. The answer lies in you, it lies within us.

So, will you keep on asking if there's a "forever"? 😉