4.01.2018

Foods I stay away from (as much as possible)

I've been trying real hard to have a clean balanced diet ever since I've watched the Netflix documentary What The Health last year. Although I don't intend on going an all plant based diet, I incorporate some of do's & dont's of this so-called Vegan diet. 

Here are the following foods I try to avoid or lessen my food intake for my body's sake (LOL)

  1. DAIRY PRODUCTS 🥛🧀- Oh my Gosh, the moment I finished watching What The Health's documentary I began to re-evaluate my life choices (HAHA! For reals) especially on the food that I eat. I kinda felt guilty actually for my love of cheese (who doesn't?); I felt starved just thinking what to eat and what not but eventually I weighed in what's best so on my cheat days (I say "days" because one cannot simply avoid dairy products in their diet 😀) 
  2. EGGS 🍳🥚- I love eggs! I mean, they are part of everyone's breakfast as far as I know. Where my SILOG people at? (Tapsilog, Tocilog, Bangsilog, lahat ng may silog! Hahaha!) Pero the moment I found out that taking more than one whole egg a day is not that healthy. The yolk of the egg itself has alot of cholesterol which if consumed too much is not good for your heart. According to research, this is a myth but I, myself like eggs but not to the point of over consuming it. An egg or two will do for me! 😃 
  3. PROCESSED MEATS 🍔🌭- Burger patties, hotdogs, canned goods, etc - we all know they're bad for our health but we keep on consuming them, eh? I'm also guilty on munching on these stuffs until I recently told myself to stop (lol) but there will be days - yes there will be days wherein you'll fall into these temptations and feel sorry the next day, or right after eating it. I guess staying away from processed meats is a "process" in itself. I cannot say I'm free from all processed foods but I'm halfway there. One reason that discouraged me the most is than processed meats/foods are linked to having colon cancer - so I guess prevention is better than cure. Better safe than sorry. 👌
  4. JUNK FOOD 🍟🍭- Yup, everyone knows eating junk food is quite as bad as smoking but we can't help it, can we? I'm slowly training my body and my mouth of course to stay away from these sinful foods as much as I can! 
Let's stay fit folks! Health is wealth 😉

You can shop for processed/junk food alternatives - such as organic chips, coffee, etc on:

🌿 LAZADA.COM.PH 🌿
🌿 BEAUTYMNL.COM 🌿
🌿 IHERB.COM 🌿