4.04.2018

MY TOP 5 FAVORITE INFORMATIVE SITES! (I often visit)

As I grow older, my appetite for petty social networking sites like Facebook kinda tired up. I am so done with the non-stop scrolling for basically fake news and immature posts. (I myself, am guilty of immature posts though. lol) Nonetheless, I still have what you can call "shilly shally" sites I go to - not to waste time, but of course to gain something that is more than a random Facebook post and feed something on my brain! Today I'll share my favorite sites - my comfort sites (lol), my virtual "safe haven" 😂

1. STUMBLEUPON - A discovery of endless websites, pages, articles about anything on the web. I discovered this way back high school I think, or early college days I remember being amazed by the variety of interesting pages, articles about anything really. Sometimes, I use it as reference for stuffs I do. Haha! The cool thing about this site is I feel like, it's underrated in a way since it's too old, and too simple - but I really like it. You press stumble and right there and then, a new site pops up usually related to interests and likes you've made. I feel like it's very helpful for someone who wants to learn new things - DIYs, online hacks, helpful reviews, well-writen articles, awesome photography, you can also stumble upon cool videos and games.

2. EDx - An online platform for free courses online. You can basically enroll any course you want for free; you could also get upgraded courses and get certifications online for a fee (about 99 USD) It's actually amazing because after graduation I thought of staying away form school (lol) but EDx proved that schools and online courses of your interests are a fun way to learn. I recommend this for anyone who wants to learn other professions or skills. It can really make a difference, especially if you're building up your resume. 😊

3. The HUSTLE - This isn't your regular site, it's actually more of an email subscription where you get emails daily for daily informative news. (Ha!) I prefer this sometimes over reading through news sites because the moment I wake up I basically check on my phone, my emails particularly so it's a no-hassle site for me since I get to read news on my emails first thing in the morning or whenever I check my emails. What I really like about The Hustle is that I found the moderators(admins) really funny and sarcastic at times with random gifs attached on their emails. I think I'm never unsubscribing! 👍 

4. DUOLINGO - A free language-learning platform, 100% free, fun and science based. I've always wanted to learn some languages which unfortunately wasn't taught in my old schools - maybe because it's not in a way related to my course but anyway, Duolingo offers alot of languages for you to learn for FREE! Yes, as mentioned on my previous post (Wha'ts on my phone? blogpost) I'm currently stuck on my French lessons. It's also on the App Store & Play Store if you want to learn through your phone. Other languages such as Spanish, Korean, German, Russian, and so on - even High Valyrian is available (Hihi. For Game of Thrones fans out there) See short clip below:



5. GMAIL  - Who likes emails these days? Yep, you're probably thinking "she's boring as f*ck" but honestly, I now like checking up on my emails alot and as much as I can. I mean, for personal and business reasons -  I really need it! Yes, emails are now a need. Plus my email subscriptions and newsletters are another reason - Haha! I could scroll through Twitter or Instagram for an hour though, but I prefer quality emails. Slowly becoming "an adult" for reals. 😂😁


Surfing the internet is all fun and games, right? Cut the crap and browse through sites that'll stir up your mind in an interesting way! Hope you visit some of the sites I've mentioned! 😉