4.12.2018

Are fitness trackers worth it?

Today I'm going to do an overall review probably on one of the cheapest fitness trackers in the market - QS80 Smart Band which I bought on sale for only P639 (roughly $13) Quite a steal! 😊👍

I am going to base everything on my first hand experience on this device. Let's start:


1. PACKAGING ⭐⭐

It comes with an "ugly" packaging LOLJK 😁😂
Looks pretty cheap based on the box. I ordered the brown one since black was sold out. Comes with a manual and a charger. That's pretty much it, nothing fancy or whatsoever since it is made in China. Y'all know what I mean 😏

2. DISPLAY 

QS 80 Smart Band comes with 0.42 inch TFT High Definition OLED display which is enough kasi you don't need the whole screen granted na hindi siya high-end.






3. FUNCTIONS 

G-Sensor: Step analysis, sedentary reminder, sleep monitoring, & heart rate monitoring - so far, so good but I think its not 100% accurate especially the sleep and heart monitor. I actually just use it a s guide somehow. Hehe

Waterproof: IP67 - well, I didn't try soaking it in water yet. Does my sweat count? 😂

Raise the hand on the screen function - sometimes work, oftentimes not. 😏








4. OTHER FUNCTIONS 

Based on the box, and from the app:

- Bluetooth 4V.0 connectivity
- Android 4.3 & iOS 8.0 and above connectivity
- Alarm Clock (which I assure you will not work since the battery never last a day. Psh)
- Push notifications (Call notifs, message notifs, QQ Message, WeChat, WhatsApp, Messenger, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram & Instagram notifs)


5. BATTERY 

Battery life is really a big deal for me, as much as I'd like to give this tracker a "zero star rating" I'll give a chance to redeem itself since day one I didn't really know if this stuff if defective or not, I charged it for almost half day and used it for an hour? Super sucked, on the following days I charged it around 30 mins to an hour and use it probably the same time it for me to charge it. Pretty much garbage, pero as you charge it in a day, I think the battery life improves (slight) I dunno if it's just me or what, but given all that the battery really sucked. So, QS80 can thank me for giving a "one star rating" 😁




To sum it up, I don't really recommend QS80 Smart Band. It proved to be such a hassle, not suitable for your fitness needs - if you're sedentary type it wouldn't help either. LOL
I guess I bought the wrong one, hays. So much for my first ever "fitness tracker" but I'm not giving up, since I'm just starting out on my "fitness routine" I'll save up for a high end one and see for myself! 😊